To commemorate Apa Sherpa’s historic 20th summit of Mt Everest, Suunto released a limited number of their new Core Extreme Edition Everest wristop computers. Apa Sherpa is a Suunto ambassador and widely regarded as one of the world’s greatest mountaineers.
As a limited edition, Suunto will be producing only 8,848 models of the Extreme Edition Everest, correlating to the height in meters of Mt. Everest. Each wristop computer is numbered and features Apa Sherpa’s signature on the back so you know it is authentic. On the front inside bezel of the watch you will also find the words “Everest Edition”.
- A numbered, limited edition of 8848 pieces inspired by Mount Everest’s height of 8848 meters
- Altimeter with altitude log memory and altitude difference measurement
- Barometer with storm alarm and weather trend indicator
- Automatic Alti / Baro switch
- Compass with semi automatic calibration and a digital bearing
- Depth meter
- Multiple watch, date and alarm functions with dual time and countdown timer
- Sunrise/Sunset times for over 400 locations worldwide
- Digital thermometer
- Menu based user interface in English, German, French and Spanish
- User-replaceable battery
It retails for $429 and part of that is donated as charity to the Apa Sherpa foundation and thanks to Tim Harwood at Suunto, the watch will be raffled off Saturday evening! (I have to be honest, I saw this watch come in and it almost ended up on my wrist!)