THE BAD NEWS!
Hit Munising up this morning for a little climbing and to check out the conditions. Thirty eight degrees this morning didn’t far well for the Dryer Hose as the upper half is only a couple inches thick with many holes spurting water. Totally unclimbable! The only safe ice to climb was the far left side of the Curtains (where the Kids Course is set up during Ice Fest).
We were able to place a screw and run a few laps but that was about it. Pretty dismal for this time of year. But in our glass is half full moment- check out the good news! Hopefully this storm will bring the cold temps and snowfall we have all been looking for!
THE GOOD NEWS!
Statement as of 11:29 am January 11th 2012
… Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late tonight through
* snow is expected to begin later this evening or overnight
tonight. Periods of heavy snow are possible Thursday through
* Storm total snowfall in excess of 12 inches is possible…
especially over the higher terrain.
* Wind gusts over 25 mph may cause blowing snow leading to
* travel could become difficult at times due to heavy snow and
* a Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for
significant snow accumulations that may impact travel.