Need a new pint for the free beer socials? Check out our new pint glasses! Our good friend Kurt Smith and SALEWA are the pint glass sponsors for the 2015 Michigan Ice Fest. Not only is Salewa giving out glasses…..they are filling them up as well! During our evening socials you will be able to enjoy a frosty brew while representing with an Ice Fest pint. The best news is: IT’S FREE FOR THE FIRST 125 PEOPLE TO PRE REGISTER FOR ICE FEST! Haven’t registered yet? Click here to register….but don’t wait- these will go fast! (If you registered by Jan 4th you already got yerself one! Salewa not only will be taking care of you at the party, they will also be providing a killer demo fleet of their amazing ice boots. European-based Salewa has been outfitting alpine adventurers for over 75 years, and now brings its groundbreaking and innovative all-mountain footwear to the Michigan Ice Fest!. Salewa offers shoes and boots for technical approach, mountaineering, trekking, and speed-hiking that provide outstanding flexibility, fit, and support. Salewa’s advanced technologies and versatile, multi-sport designs enable you to traverse rocks, snow, technical trails, via ferrata, and any other terrain in security and comfort. Pro Gaitor Mounatineering Boot From mixed climbing to vertical ice, this rugged, four-season boot features an embedded aluminum stay in the heel that tightens or loosens at the turn of a key to switch between walk mode and a rigid climbing mode. No longer do your feet need suffer on the approach.
- Lightweight Schoeller Super Fabric upper resists abrasion and moisture while maintaining breathability
- Included Allen wrench lets you easily tighten or loosen the clearly labeled sole tension system depending on whether you’re walking or climbing
- Waterproof breathable membrane keeps your feet dry and comfortable
- Thinsulate 400 insulation traps heat so you don’t have to drop out of a multi-pitch ordeal to hold your toes over a fire
- Salewa 3F system locks down your heel for a blister-free fit
- Standard lacing with speed hooks and glove-friendly waterproof zipper pull makes for easy operation and the custom fit you’re used to
- Top seals off with elastic, anatomic collar and secure lock
- Full rubber rand adds durability and protection
- Durable, grippy Vibram Salewa Pro outsole features aggressive lugs that offer a high level of grip on mud and snow when you’re not stepping into a crampon Climbing toe profile offers edging performance
Be sure to stop by Sydney’s and check out a pair of Salewa boots sometime over the weekend….your feet will thank you! Thanks Kurt, Ice Fest is proud to have Salewa as a main sponsor of the 2015 Michigan Ice Fest!